Welcome to i-Tree Species!
This tool helps you select the most appropriate tree species based on their potential tree benefits and your geographic area.
How to use it:
Choose your location, then select and rank the importance from 0 to 10 of each desired tree benefit.
Species selections will be based on three types of information:
- Hardiness – as determined by state and city.
- Mature height – user specified minimum and maximum heights.
- Environmental factors – ranked from 0 to 10:
- Carbon storage
- Air pollution removal
- Storm water impacts
- Building energy conservation
- Air temperature reduction
- Ultraviolet radiation reduction
- Pollen allergenicity
- Wind reduction
The tool outputs a ranked list of recommended species suited for local use that maximizes tree benefits.
- The list is based on a combination of hardiness, mature height, and desired benefits.
- Consider this list starting point as it will need to be whittled down to meet local and cultural needs and limitations.
- For more information and to learn about the methods used to create i-Tree Species, review the Help documentation.
i-Tree® does not endorse any specific web-browser, has been tested with modern versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari. Please, use the Feedback form to report issues. i-Tree is a registered trademark.
Warning: This tool can be very data intensive. It is not recommended for use on metered plans.
If i-Tree is not yet supported in your region, contact us to explore opportunities for funding collaboration.